What I’ve Been Up To
- Be sure to check them out!
Grad school applications
Deployed KeePass password manager
- Needed a secure way to keep track of homelab sysadmin passwords, as well as for personal use
- To keep KeePass synced across devices, all I had to do was create the KeePass database in a Nextcloud location
- This has worked extremely well and any updates I’ve made in KeePass on one device have appeared on the other devices instantly
Troubleshot Broken Grafana Dashboards for those using the InfluxDB/telegra/Grafana stack on Unraid
- “InfluxDB Error: Bad Request” message on Grafana dashboard after InfluxDB container update
- Quick fix: Peg InfluxDB docker container to specific version of the database with:
On the Radar
- Current VM images are consuming nearly 50% of available disk space on lvm-thin storage; time to start planning for future storage
- Target Date: Summer 2021
How to Port Forward When You Don’t Have Control of the Router
- Many of you have asked me questions about how to set something up that requires port forwarding and some of you have run into the show-stopper where you can’t enable port forwarding either because you’re stuck behind a CGNAT or you don’t have admin access on the router
- So let’s do something about this and prevent it from being a “show-stopper” so you can progress past this
- Target Date: Spring 2021
This Week’s Goals
ZFS Project Research
- I’ve been researching the feasibility of using ZFS as a Proxmox storage target in the homelab (hence the ZFS caching notes above); will continue to do so
Quick forum article on Docker for Unraid users so they can avoid problems like the InfluxDB issue above
- What happened?
- Why is setting a tag on a Docker database image necessary?
- How can we prevent this in the future?
- Future: How to migrate from InfluxDB 1.8.4 to Influx 2.