Connecting Your Raspberry Pi Web Server To The Internet: A Beginner's Guide to Port Forwarding and Dynamic DNS

In a previous post, we learned about what a reverse proxy web server is, why you would want one, and how to install the NGINX reverse proxy web server on a Raspberry Pi. Many of you have asked for additional updates on that article and it's high time I did them. In today's tutorial, I will guide you the rest of the way to getting your new RPi web server on the internet.

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://engineerworkshop.com/blog/connecting-your-raspberry-pi-web-server-to-the-internet/

Hey i got the web server setup , but the point is i cant access my domain from my internal network where my nginx server is running.
I want my domain to access from the internal network also by typing example.com from my internal network.

Hi Sal,

Thanks for reading. Are you able to access from outside your internal network (i.e. browsing to example.com from your phone that isn’t on wifi)? If that’s the case, are you running pfSense by any chance?

If so, you’ll need to enable NAT reflection. If you’re using something other than pfSense as your firewall/router, you’ll need to search for NAT reflection (sometimes also called NAT loopback on other routers).

-TorqueWrench